A smokey eye is such a staple eye look. It's perfect for any ocassion and elements of the look can be slightly changed to create a whole new unique look.
We've taken inspo of Victoria Krysa (@makeupbylalka on Instagram) who is a big fan of CJP Beauty. She created this gorgeous neutral smokey eye and remixed her bottom lash line with a pop of colour using our Aloe Glitter Gels.
Our founder, Celina Jayne Pereira re-created the look in a step-by-step tutorial using all CJP Beauty products. Below you'll find written instructions, or click here to see the tutorial on TikTok.
- Prime the eyelids with a concealer or eyeshadow base, blend out using our Blending Concealer Brush, do not set this base. Celina used Tarte Cosmetics Shapetape Concealer for this.
- Using our Tapered Blending Brush, dip into a cool-tone very dark brown shade. Using a pressing motion, apply the eyeshadow onto the outer corner of the eye and create a circle shape around the eyelid. Continue applying until the product is opaque. Once there is very little product on the brush, start gently blending out the edges of the eyeshadow using small circular motions. For this step and the next two steps, Celina used the Natasha Denona Sunset Palette.
- Switch to our Precision Blending Brush and take a warm-tone mid brown shade and apply this using small circular motions over the edge of the last shade you used. Once there is very little product on the brush, start blending the colour up and outwards towards the temples.
- Now using a Large Blending Brush, use a light brown shade slightly darker than your skin tone and using large circular motions blend and diffuse the eyeshadow colours until they blend into your natural skin tone.
- Using our Pencil Brush, take a black eyeshadow and press in the outer V of the eye and blend using our Precision Blending Brush. For this step and step seven (7), Celina used the Scott Barnes Cosmetics Mesmerize Eyeshadow Palette.
- Using the same concealer or eyeshadow base used in step one (1) and a Flat Concealer Brush cut your crease by painting over your eyelid in your desired shape. You can diffuse the edge of this using some of the eyeshadows in the previous steps.
- Switch to our Flat Eyeshadow Brush and apply a beige shimmer colour to the entire eyelid, you can also slightly dampen your brush with some makeup setting spray to give your shimmers a more opaque effect. Here, Celina actually did an ombre by applying the beige colour to the centre of the eyelid and then blending that with a lighter, silver-toned shimmer on the inner part of the eyelid.
- For the lower lash-line, switch to a Pencil Brush and apply an eyeshadow colour that will match your choice of glitter. For this look, red was used.
- Using the same brush, dip into our Aloe Glitter Gel in shade Ruby first and apply over the red eyeshadow. For extra dimension, take the shade Heart Beat with the same brush and stamp this over the top. Allow to dry completely before applying mascara.
- Apply your favourite mascara and our Luxury Silk Lashes in the style Charz.
- Finish the look off with our new Plush Matte Liquid Lipstick in shade Double Bay for the perfect matching red lip.